The curator of Kindle Cover Disasters soils his search history to bring us a list of curious detective titles.
1. Crystal Falls Detective Club: Jesus, Muhammad and Adolf, Lead Investigators, by Jarman Shain
I think the most offensive thing about this cover is just how white Jesus is.
2. The Big Brain, Gary Brandner
“Big Brain am winning.”
3. Surfing Samurai Robots, by Mel Gilden
In case you were wondering, the detective in this one is the little guy with the shoulder-padded jacket and the big schnoz.
4. Cthulhu, Private Investigator, by Dennis Liggio
I am bang into this.
5. Gun, with Occasional Music, by Jonathan Lethem
Looks like somebody just got… the jump.
6. Dangerous Hardboiled Magicians, by Mel Gilden
Also, flying cars!
7. The Adventures of Jesus Christ, Boy Detective, by J. Bradley
He gets around, this Jesus Christ.
8. The Phantom Detective
♫ ” Bonely you… can make, me feel this way. Bonely yooooooooou…” ♫
9. Alien Blues, by Lynn S. Hightower
Detective Flappy to the rescue!
10. Bigfoot Cop, by Kevin Shamel
You know what they say about big feet? Great at law enforcement.
For a Genre Reader approved weird detective, check out Fresh Hell, by our very own David Bussell…
…And if you enjoyed this selection of Kindle Cover Disasters, don’t forget to check out…